I'm doing 48 things (some new, some old-new) before I turn 24 next year!
1. Go roller skating (too bad they won’t be playing bad 90s music anymore)
2. Visit the Houston Zoo
3. Submit one body of written work for contest/publication
4. Submit one piece of artwork for contest/exhibit
5. Go on a father/daughter date
6. Re-learn, for real this time, how to knit
7. Sew a dress for a Life Occasion
8. Photo day with my girl C-Cote
9. Learn Russian (ish)
10. Go to a DiverseWorks exhibit
11. Photograph my grandparents
12. Record my grandparents’ stories from Cuba
13. Archive my grandparents’ photos from Cuba
14. Volunteer at a shelter
15. Finish the ALIVE art journal
16. Find a home church
17. Mail encouraging notes to strangers
18. Write a review (any kind)
19. Interview a band
20. See a show at Dean’s Credit Clothing
21. Crochet a peter pan collar
22. Dissect Ginsberg’s HOWL…because I never actually finished doing that
23. Photograph my favorite part of the city
Take a yoga class do yoga once a week
25. Go to a jazz club !!!
27. Go for a nature/inspiration walk
28. Record a track and/or sing at an open mic night with my brother
29. Finish The Chevron Throw of Fail haha…
30. Sketchbook Project 2014 (since I had an utter memory lapse in 2013)
31. Go salsa dancing !!!
32. Decorate my office
33. Experience The Eagles’ entire discography, in full, on the floor. Make art to it.
34. Repaint my room
35. Go on a mother/daughter massage date thing (my neck/shoulders feel like knotted granola all the damn time)
36. Sew a pillow cover
37. Go to a farmer’s market (Pearland or downtown)
38. See a play (at the Alley, at Stages, wherever)
39. Finish my short-story-in-progress
40. Go to an improv show
41. Start my Really Important Life Mantra Tattoo
42. Go to an Astros game since I haven’t been in years (and so I can experience the abuse firsthand. Dear AL, you suck)
43. Host a themed party of some kind
44. Take a book-binding class
46. Interview a local artisan
47. Read two more books by Rilke and Hesse
48. TBA !
48. TBA !