March 31, 2013

The end of an era.

My friends from Handsome Ransom played their final show on Friday night at Scout Bar, and I don't really have words for the experience. It was beautiful to see those guys jam out (sans one member) one last time onstage, and also mildly surreal. That's really the gist. 

It was by chance that I met HR frontmanT-Miller in a geology class almost two years ago, and became an instant convert to their music after seeing them live for the first time at Warehouse not long after. I didn't take my camera to many of their shows, and didn't have a phone that took even mildly decent photos until January, so unfortunately most of the feelgoodrockouts have largely gone undocumented, save by the number of wristbands and countless memories I've stored up. 

The real closure came when they covered Broadripple is Burning by Margot & the Nuclear So & Sos one last time...that's been a long-running favorite of mine and the first night I heard them play it was probably the perfect memory I have of these guys. To put it into words would be an injustice to the experience, because nothing can ever describe the connection we have to music when it hits us just right, especially in the most unconventional, unexpected settings. 

Salt air, seawall, running heels in hand across two lanes of traffic, singing through the bar, a pool, a polka dot dress. That was one of the best nights of my life to date. 

So to the gentlemen(women) of Handsome Ransom, I say thanks for all of the music you shared with us, straight from the heart. Your energy and enthusiasm will truly be missed by this lady, and countless other fans. All my love to each and every one of you. 

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're so sweet (: Thanks friend!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...