1. I'm completely fascinated by these prints of fallen-tree cross-sections. I would LOVE that red one as a giant print for my wall! Read more about the man behind the process here, or buy the book here.
2. Pretty much in love with this skirt from Donning Vintage. Ohhh the outfits I've already dreamed up!
3. These cute little stamps from Blossom Stamps! My favorites are the bee, the camera, and the pincushion, but the shop is full of sooo many others I'd love to add to my collection. She also carries ink pads, so it's like a one-stop shop for all your mini stamping needs! Haha.
4. These ADORABLE handmade shorts look soooooo comfy, and the print is just...I can't handle it. Want. On. My. Person. Like yesterday. But they're not my size, so someone else buy them up and make me super jealous! Please!
5. This article about the incredible and incredibly tragic life of 50s actress Dorothy Dandridge. She fought against so many stereotypes, prejudices, and personal traumas and yet managed to carve out a career for herself. I'd honestly never heard of her before reading this, and after watching the first ten minutes of her biggest hit Carmen Jones (embedded in the article), I just kept watching. Except parts 3 and 7 are missing, but I got the gist. The operatic dub is pretty hilarious. ALSO LET ME JUST SAY THAT HARRY BELAFONTE IS COMPLETELY GORGEOUS AND a little insane in this movie. But mainly gorgeous. And Dandridge, of course, is stunning. Just read the damn article.
6. I'm SO PUMPED because I signed up for Kara's Summer of Love art journaling class, which starts TODAY. One of the supplies on the list was a vintage book (the core of the whole project, duh)and I couldn't bring myself to cut up any of the ones I had so I ventured out to my friendly neighborhood thriftstore and this is what I came away with! Now I can't decide WHICH ONE TO USE. They're all so beautiful...they'll probably all end up as art journals or albums at some point, but which to use now...hmmm. This class is going to be so much fun though!
7. Summer playlist-ish.