March 15, 2012

This, that, & the other.

A few things for your Thursday. Enjoy!


1. This old photograph of the kitchen at my parents' very first house. I barely remember it because we moved when I was two, but the house stayed in the family for a few years after. I love the color scheme.




2. This bit of love fo yo ears! I've listened to this quick clip so many times in the past week, I can't even EXPRESS how much I love it. Knitting + historical references I.E. RICHARD NIXON...I'm straight smitten, haha.

Photos from Burdastyle here & here
3. These gorgeous dresses by Mari Koppanen. I've followed her work on Burdastyle for a few years now, but these will always be some of my favorites. Now, if only she'd open a shop... 

4. This post by Meredith of One Sheepish Girl. To all of my knittin' or crochetin' ladies out there, this one's for you. The 5 Stages of Knitting Mistake Grief expresses the true nature of a needlework fail...from the initial gut-punch realization that you've spoiled a few stitches, to the gut-wrenching unravel process, and finally, to acceptance that yes, you're starting over, but it really isn't the end of the world. Despite how it feels sometimes. Haha.

Photo from Vintage Confections
5. These monogrammed lollipops by Vintage Confections. I almost ordered them for something a few weeks ago, but their private orders are backed up for at least 6-8 weeks! Of course I was bummed, but that's pretty cool that they're staying busy and so successful. It really IS hard to find products similar to theirs (believe me, I tried) and that speaks volumes about the work they do.

The weekend is almost here, you guys! How exciting is that?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're so sweet (: Thanks friend!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...