March 16, 2012

Mad Knowledge.

This week has just flown by, guys. I'm all kindsa tied up in various projects right now, but I recently took a moment to check in with myself. One of my co-workers stops by my desk on a daily basis and asks, "So, what'dja learn today?", and it’s become a habit to take stock of personal realizations by asking myself the same question. So, here are ten things I've learned this week:

1. All-electronic tollways exist. As in, EZ tag-only. Whoops.
2. Compassion for yourself may very well be one of the most difficult but good lord most rewarding forms of self-care, ever.
3. I can appreciate an old-fashioned mouse.
4. One more year without SXSW won’t kill me… I guess.
5. Banana-crème-coconut pies are fun to make and fun to eat!
6. Waking up earlier really works wonders.
7. Fear is not insurmountable. It just takes practice.
8. The feeling after the final payment on a long-term expense = a beautiful form of freedom I’ve yet to name but want to marry.
9. This album fails to get old, years and years and years later. Especially this song.
10. Waco and I will probably never be on good terms. I’ve accepted it.

As you head into a weekend of colored beer, pinching, and other green/awesome things, take a minute and ask yourself that question. You might be surprised by the answer.

So, dear friend, what've YOU learned this week?


No comments:

Post a Comment

You're so sweet (: Thanks friend!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...