March 1, 2012

National Craft Month Series & DIY Turban Headband.


Hello friends! March is National Craft Month, and if you can’t tell by this massive pile of Joann coupons, I’m super excited. An entire month dedicated to the celebration of all things crafty and handmade?!

Please. I’m SO there.  

Even more exciting? I’ve decided to observe this month by sharing one craft every Monday with you lovely readers! And guess what? The fun starts NOW. March is, after all, four and a HALF weeks long, so why not take advantage of every second for craftastic potential? Without further ado, I'm pleased to present...



I found this great headband tutorial a few weeks ago while perusing one of my favorite reads, A Beautiful Mess. I’ve never been one for bows and headscarves and things, but recently I’ve been in the market for a (cheap!) turban headband I could pair with a lot of my outfits. My reasons being a) they’re supercute, b) I love the 50s vintage look, and c) my hair is getting to that really awkward length and so far this headband is the only thing I can wear to keep it from looking, well, awkward. 



I lovelovelove this pattern because it’s a simple DIY that you can personalize to your style, and it’s so quick to make! I’ve already made way too many in more colors than I need (I'm actually wearing another one in this post too). Note: I didn’t use stretch fabric for mine, but it still works (it just won't be adjustable). Most of mine are actually made from thrifted cotton pillow cases. You just have to try it on before you start sewing the ends together. If you try it out, leave a comment or send a picture! I’d love to see what you come up with! 

This is actually my aunt's dog. We have a dachshund too but he hates the grass, haha. 
top - thrifted, cardigan - target, jeans - love stone, boots - thrifted, necklaces - thrifted, headband - handmade









Quick update: Today I signed up for my very first stitch swap! I'm so so excited. Has anyone else done one of these? 

2 comments:

  1. Hello, i just found your blog. those headbands are cute! and i really like your "aboutme" page, i can definetely identify with the last paragraph :) greetings from germany

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I absolutely LOVE your about me page...I'm such a list person. You have a beautiful blog. Thanks for reading (:

      Delete

You're so sweet (: Thanks friend!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...