March 3, 2012

Homemade Granola.

Ok, I know we don’t know each other that well, but…I have a serious confession.



I LOVE granola.

It’s true! I eat it with breakfast over Greek yogurt & agave, try to finagle it into my lunches, snack on it throughout the day…it’s just delicious. I’m obsessed with Central Market granola right now. My favorite mixes of the moment are Flaxseed and Vanilla & Honey flavors. And you’d better believe when I saw this recipe for homemade granola over at CornflowerBlue Studio, I flipped. (While you’re there, check out her other recipes and tutorials. This lady is seriously talented and incorporates environmentally friendly media in her artwork!)


The beauty of homemade (I say this way too often) is that you have complete control over ingredients, amounts, and of course, the preparation process. I made half of Rachel’s recipe just to see if it was right for me, and man ohhhhh man. The result was BEYOND delicious AND cuts my granola budget by almost 75%! I didn’t add any dried fruit to mine because I like my granola pretty plain, but the experimentation potential is through the roof. I have plans for sweet, savory, fruit, and dessert granola…who knows?! If you’re a granola fan, what kind of granola would you like to try, or do you already have a staple favorite?  


P.S. No, I don’t actually have a granola budget. But the rolled oats were the only thing I had to buy for the recipe, and spending $2  on ingredients for a batch that lasts all week versus buying two bags/wk at almost $4 each…those are serious savings right there (: I hope you're having a good weekend!   

2 comments:

  1. i had some chocolate granola that my mum bought and it was delicous. it would be super fun to make it homemade. couldn't be too hard, right?
    the pictures look great... you're making me hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Homemade is REALLY easy, and pretty cheap. Lovelovelove it (:

    ReplyDelete

You're so sweet (: Thanks friend!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...