January 21, 2013

Liebster Award


Ladies and gents, beautiful news! I was lucky enough to be nominated for the Liebster award by the lovely Melissa of Cloudy Chase, and I can't even tell you how honored I am right now. AHHHH. Drop everything and send her some love; this girl's got a beautiful blog with lots of great insight, list/wish makin', fashion sense (I'm talking to you, little blue dress!), and rockin' music taste to share! 

The Rundown: the award basically serves to bring some shine to bloggers with less than 200 followers, and nominees nominate 11 more bloggers in turn! Nominees nominate...that's Golden Globe speak for I hope I never have to present anything on television, ever. Bah. 

The Rules: 
1. List 11 facts about yourself
2. Answer the 11 questions the blogger who nominated you left
3. Ask 11 questions for those you nominate
4. Choose 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers to nominate
5. Go to each blogger's page and let them know about the award
6. Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog

Hmmkay, the Factoids: 

  • I devour books. And when I say devour I mean books for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. 
  • I don't remember the last time I wore pants (BECAUSE DRESSES ARE AMAZING)
  • Spotify is ruining my life in the best way possible; discovering new music is my HEART
  • I'm obsessed with office supplies, especially binder clips and white out tape
  • I get carded everywhere for ten hours because I look like I'm 12 (something Melissa and I have in common! HEY GIRL we'll age so well, I don't even care!)
  • Thrift stores are my second home
  • I've been using the same Pilot G-2s since highschool; I just buy ink refills when they run out
  • I'm half Cuban, and have a crazy birthmark on my left cheek that looks like a massive bruise (the two are related, I won't go into details)
  • Making ish for people is kind of my passion, be it food or craftastic whathaveyou. Just FYI.
  • If you like Woody Allen films I will straight up tell you we are best friends for life  
  • I'm extremely directionally challenged (thank you GPS and phone that is now officially smarter than me)

The Answers: 
1. Where did you grow up? I call the burbs of Pasa-getdown-dena, TX home, y'all. (I'm not even that country, come on guys).

2. What is your favorite dessert? Dark chocolate anything, even though my stomach has forced me into brief hiatus from my dearly beloved. 

3. What is your greatest fear? That I'm not appreciating every breath, every moment I'm given on God's green earth. And the fear of losing time is the biggest inhibitor to living fully, right? OH THE IRONY haha. 

4. Who was your childhood crush? Donny Osmond. David Cassidy. Davy Jones. Peter Noone. Han Solo. Luke Skywalker. My soul is way older than my body, apparently.  

5. What is your favorite book? DAMN THIS QUESTION. Kidding. On the Road - Jack Kerouac / Junky - William S. Burroughs / Mere Christianity - C.S. Lewis / Rant - Chuck Palahniuk / Autobiography of Red - Anne Carson / Demian - Hermann Hesse / The Creative Habit - Twyla Tharp / How to Read Literature Like a Professor - Thomas Foster / No Country For Old Men - Cormac McCarthy / Letters to a Young Poet - Rainer Maria Rilke / everything by David Sedaris, and all the Nancy Drew novels (that was more than one, sorrynotsorry. See factoid numero uno)

6. Where is your favorite place on this earth? I haven't seen enough of the earth to make a serious judgement call, but my heart lives in a few places. Shashamane, Ethiopia. San Marcos, TX. Sometimes Austin. Also, the beach.

7. What is your best creative ability? Um, can I get back to you in 20 years? I'm still trying to sort that out. Jack of all trades, master of none for now. I do a lot of writing, painting, sewing, art journaling...? I'll just stick with being crafty. I'm good at creating with the tools around me, even if they're a far cry from the ones "necessary" for the job. 

8. Who is your inspiration? Yikes. This is that moment at the Academy Awards when someone's got a paper full of names they're trying to speed read before they get kicked off the stage by the orchestra. I'd say people who make something of themselves, do it honorably and respectably; people who push boundaries and bend the rules and fight for truth and justice. People who create lives for themselves out of an adolescent dream. The movers and shakers. The great Doers of this world. 

9. What makes you the most happy? Spending time with dearhearts; I love those people to the moon and back. Also, creating. 

10. Birds, bows, polka dots, or stripes? (could be anything) Stripes. Polka dots. Polka dots on polka dots. I'm relating this question to wardrobe and washi tape. 

11. What is your favorite quote? This is as difficult as the book question. I underline about 85% of each one I read that constitutes a good life quote or something. Oh dear: 
  • Real is not perfect. 
  • Alone is a fact, a condition where no one else is around. Lonely is how you feel about that...Solitude is an unavoidable part of creativity. Self-reliance is a happy byproduct. -Twyla Tharp
  • And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight inside the bud was more painful than the risk it took to bloom. - Anais Nin
  • Pretend you’re someone who can do it…and just behave like they would! -Neil Gaiman
  • If you keep on doing what you've always done, you'll keep on being what you've always been. -this is from a movie trailer starring Samuel L. Jackson ...?
  • This really long quote by Ira Glass that is currently hanging in my office
  • ...am I allowed to cite Ginsberg's Howl in its entirety as a quote? Can I do that? 
You guys I'm so bad at answering questions. Novelization is inevitable. I can't seem to shut my trap! And now, for all you beautiful nominees: 

Your Questions: 
1. Who is your favorite historical figure? 
2. Are you a neat freak or do your belongings kind of live wherever they land? (you can be both or neither, promise...but please, do expand on that!)
3. Describe your perfect day. That's kind of a question?
4. What is your writing utensil of choice? If it's a pen, what color ink?
5. What is your best summer memory?
6. What problem did you solve today? 
7. When was the last time you were on an airplane?
8. Who is your favorite author/director/artist? 
9. What is your favorite past time? 
10. What topic are you bored talking about?
11. What was your hands down best concert experience, EVER?!

And the nominees are...
Atypical Taylor
Kelly Zarb Style
Lark & Lace
little llama
Shauchunas Times
(I've been terrible at networking lately so I don't know of 11 lovelies with less than 200 followers)

Thank you so much again Melissa! You're so sweet! I hope all of you lovely readers will also extend some love to the nominees, because they're amazing. Happy MLKDAY!

xo

2 comments:

  1. THIS is amazing CONGRATULATIONS YOU BEAUTIFUL WOMAN!!! I really really miss you. I don't know why we haven't chatted lately. You are my MUSE! I love you. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness I can tell that you have an amazing sense of humor! You're a Texas gal also I see :) I live in Humble so hey hey hey we got two amazing bloggers in the area ;) Haha and I HATE looking young, but hopefully we will enjoy it when we turn 60 lol.

    ReplyDelete

You're so sweet (: Thanks friend!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...