November 29, 2012

Renegade Roundup: Holiday Edition / 1

So, after A Series Of Unfortunate Events I finally made it to Austin with about and hour and a half to spare. It's an understatement to say that that's an inadequate timeframe to take in such an exciting, creative event; especially for someone like me. I love taking my time at each booth, talking with the vendors, browsing thoroughly, making sure I get good shots of my favorites. That's not to say I didn't have an absolute BLAST in the time I did have, but...well. I just wish I could've stayed longer! At any rate, here are, in my humble opinion, the Best Of Renegade Craft Austin Holidayfest 2012. 
...
I absolutely LOVED these mini planters by The Plaid Pigeon. The booth was so much fun, not to mention the amazing variety of planters! Everyone's going succulent crazy these days, and for a good reason. These low maintenance creatures would be a perfect way to brighten up my desk. How cool would it be to get to the office every morning and be greeted by a neon T-Rex?! It's love guys. For more toy planter fun, head on over to their shop.
...
I was THRILLED OUT OF MY MIND to see Helen, the lovely artisan behind Cloth & Ink,  at the fair this year! I met her at the previous Renegade in May, and her designs impressed me beyond belief then. The work she's done since that time completely astounded me. So much diversification of product, so many new designs...I stood in her booth chatting and taking photos and then staring around awkwardly deciding what to buy; it was so much to take in! I'm so excited to see how far she's come and I can't wait to see where she's headed next. Also, it was great to be reminded that she lives in my neck of the woods! Absolutely love it. Need some classy holiday gift ideas? Shop all of her amazing work here. 
...
These are probably some of the coolest home decor accents I've ever seen. Each one is so beautifully crafted...as I was wandering around the booth one of the vendors was actually working on a new one! My absolute favorite is the Audrey vessel (pictured first). And the tea lights are magnetic; one can't be without the other! They make such cute couples, amirite? Find out more about scoring some of these earthy beauts from LEBORED here
...
Where can I even BEGIN?! I'd heard of Poppy & Fern through the Etsy circuit and general blogsphere, but to stand in a booth with so many of the carefully crafted necklaces and embroidered hoops was almost too much. My heart was bursting. The mood of the booth itself just exuded such elegance and comfort; I was right at home. I've admired Rachel's work for so long and it was absolutely lovely to meet her in person. Want to know where high class and vintage craft hang out? Head to her shop and scoop up some of these gorgeous designs while you can! 
...
That's it for part one of my holiday Renegade blitz; more bits of incredible coming your way tomorrow! 

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're so sweet (: Thanks friend!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...