September 19, 2012

Five Things I Love About Fall

I guess the weather knew what Cara and I had planned for this week. It's not a total season-switch just yet, but it's getting there, and I couldn't.be.happier. Houston's weird so you never actually know what the weather's going to be like on any given day, and it can flip in the course of an hour. So summer and fall and winter don't really ease on into each other...it's more like, one day it's hot, the next day it's not. And then it's just kind of coldish. BUT I like to pretend there's a serious fall season because um, hello I already told you I love layering up in scarves and tights and cardigans. So, five things I love about "fall"...

1. FALL WARDROBE! Layering up in scarves and tights and cardigans, if you didn't catch it the first time. It's really important.  

2. Crocheting. I just get in that MOOD. Can't explain it. Well, maybe I can. Last fall I got really serious about crocheting, and that carried into the winter, so it's just the feel of the season for me now. Plus, you're much more excited to make a scarf or sweater when it's cooler because then you can wear it right away. Totally practical. 

3. Coffee! If I could still drink coffee. But the 'bux is already dishin out Pumpkin Spice lattes or whathaveyou, so you know it's that much closer to the holidays, and that just makes me feel cozy even if I can't enjoy their delicious beverages. There's nothing like a coffee shop study sesh with a warm cuppa Tazo tea. (I'm picturing mittened hands and a scarf around my neck right now. Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself).

4. Planning for cold weather, and the holidays! I don't know about you, but I'm not a last minute shopper. I'm not much of a shopper at all actually...the past few years of gift exchanges have been extremely DIY (partly because I have no money, but mainly because I love making unique things for the beautifulcreativesouls in my life!). That said, I still like to plan ahead, and late September/early October is my brainstorm time...I might even start on a few gifts depending on how involved they are. Happy times indeed! And to think I used to hate the fall/winter season. Who am I?!

5. Ok, it's hard to come up with a number five because like I said before, there's no clear transition between seasons. Leaves don't turn all these beautiful hues you can enjoy for a few weeks...they just kind of die off in the cold and drop. If you live in Houston and have a different experience please tell me because I need to go where you are. The burbs aren't kind for fall-lovers. BUT, in all reality, the idea of fall is beautiful. A new season, a new chapter of life. That's definitely worth something. 

What're some things YOU love about fall? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're so sweet (: Thanks friend!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...