August 9, 2012

I woke up near the sea.

HOKAY guys, I'm skippin out on my usual Bits & Pieces post today because life hasn't given me a second of breathing room. And I want to breath because I've heard suffocating is the worst way to die, so. 

I'll just share some photos from our Galveston trip instead! HA. 

These are some shots I took with a trusty Kodak disposable (I love those things since I don't have a 35mm and rumor has it Walgreens won't be processing them by December so I'm givin' them all the love that I can til then!). I went sans dslr because my madre needed it for the weekend, but we still rolled three (yes, three) cameras deep: Kodak, Instax, and The Boyfriend's point and shoot digital. Holdin it down, like we I do.  
We did a LOT on our 48hr trip, more than I thought was possible, but this was one of my favorites; just chillin on the beach with my boy. PS the view from our hotel room, considering the hotel placement (ON THE SEAWALL Y'ALL...but hidden behind two restaurants, haha) was amazing. I mean, best seat in the house. We were two steps away from that deck overlooking the beach. If you ever stay at Gaido's, request room 234. I swear by it. Sidenote: bring your own shampoo/conditioner. Everything down to a laundry bag was provided...except those two things, aka the two things The BF and I BOTH forgot, so...

Ya know. I washed my hair with bar soap and let me tell you something, I've never felt so dry after a shower in my entire life. Umm good thing I carry hand lotion? Whatever. Mousse saved my crazymane from the humid salt air. More of our round-town shenanigans tomorrow! 


7 comments:

  1. OH MY GOSH STOP IT. You're SO DAMN GORGEOUS I WANT TO KISS YOUR FACE OFF. Seriously. I love it. I love you. I LOVE that you two went to the beach. Also, are disposable cameras really that awesome with pictures? I'm gonna start buying them and always carrying one. Thanks for the tip hot ass. Yes, I just called you that. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're ridiculous. I love it. PS disposables are my fave, mainly bc you never know how the photos are going to turn out. But they also suck bc you never know how the photos are going to turn out. But this one came out really well, and I only lost like 4 shots. Last time I left one just floating around in my bag and I think it accidentally snapped like 10 shots. Waste.

      Delete
    2. And DUH we went to the beach! Thought about you the whole time, SO LUCKY THAT IT'S BASICALLY LIKE YOUR FRONT YARD! You're a sweetheart.

      Delete
  2. you washed your hair with bar soap?! do you want dreads, girl?! hahaha i hate bar soap. for anything. evan uses it and it grosses me out. it makes my skin feel pinched. one time we drove to canada and i dreaded a kids hair with bar soap. just rubbing it all over his head. it was disgusting.

    these pictures are so great! they are like pre-filtered. and what the what. walgreen's is going to stop processing disposable cameras? like, for good?

    i would love to go lay by the beach and do nothing for 48 hours. MAGIC.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it was basically terrible. But mousse and hand lotion saved my life. But I kind of did have mini dreads by the end of the night. Worse than oceanhair.

      Thanks girl! It's all the camera...when the light's good, I LOVE the film look. And yeah, they told me something like that a few weeks ago. Idk the details but I panicked and bought tons of cameras to use before then. So silly.

      And GIRLFRIEND I WISH we'd just laid on the beach for 48hrs. It was more like two, haha. The bf wanted to go DO things so we were around town a lot...but it was still fun!

      Delete
  3. fun photos with your 3 cameras! glad you had a great 48 vacation. :) bar soap as shampoo? i totally couldn't tell. i would have had to go to the store.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was so much fun. As far as the hair debacle, my boyfriend was all "We can go, there's a Kroger right by here" and I was over it; didn't wanna waste ANY time running errands on our 'vacation'. It was time for dinner and drinks. No time for shampoo runs! Haha. I'm pretty low maintenance as it is but like...I will definitely admit it was not my favorite thing. And I hope I never have to do it again.

      Delete

You're so sweet (: Thanks friend!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...