August 20, 2012

For Ted.

Once upon a time my sister and I started calling each other Teddy and Jamaal (that's me)...and yeah. That's the story. Thursday she left for South Carolina, taking this bad boy with her. She picked the verse, color scheme, and style (the last two are direct copies of a painting I made for myself not to long ago, except mine has one of my All Time Favorite Soon To Be Tattoo Life Quotes). She loved it, I was happy because she was happy, and now she has a cool painting for her apartment. Win-win sisterlove. 

6 comments:

  1. This. Is. Amazing. I'm so in love with your handwriting. And I want to know your soon to be tattoo life quote! Do tell?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lady! The life quote is "real is not perfect". I would LOVELOVELOVE it as a chestpiece buuut...not sure it's work savvy. But I want it.so.bad. So I'm figuring out placement right now, but it's going on my body. No question.

      Delete
  2. I am so. in love. with this. Holy CRAPOLA I want this. Now. Please go steal it from your sister and give it to me. I LOVE IT! You're SO talented. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thank ya bird! I can't steal it but if you wanna roadtrip to South Carolina for it...

      Delete
  3. jessica, it's beautiful! i wish you'd to a tutorial. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That's flattering that you'd want a tutorial...I think the main inspiration I use is all the floral bedsheets I thrift. And then use my own handwriting. As far as how the flowers actually come out and the blending, that all just free-form I guess. I practice a lot of weird shapes in random sketches and kind of draw (no pun intended) from those later. I go through phases.

      Delete

You're so sweet (: Thanks friend!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...