May 6, 2012

Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe: 3 Ways!


 I like to bake. It’s just one of my things. If there’s dessert to be made for a special occasion, really important holiday (read: Richard Nixon’s birthday, the release of Phineas & Ferb the movie last August), or just a random craving, all fingers point my way. Not that I mind one bit (:

That said, today I’m sharing something so very near and dear to my heart, it’s practically taboo; we’re talking Giving Away Bush’s Baked Beans Secret Family Recipe taboo. I’ve decided to share a trade secret from my arsenal of awesome; because people love chocolate, and I love you, so here it is.

A recipe for The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies in the World.

Pretty hefty claim, I know. But I guess you’ll just have to whip up a batch and see for yourself! I’ve made these for birthdays, holidays, college parties, random Mondays at work, late-night study sessions…or you know, just BECAUSE. You can’t really go wrong with chocolate chip anything, in my opinion.

And hey, a secret this delectable just isn’t as fun if it isn’t shared! So, for everyone who’s ever asked me for the recipe and never actually received it (whoops), here it is. Bonus feature: not only is this recipe good for chocolate chip cookies, but a slight variation in ingredients and bake time gives you the freedom to make two other absolutely fantastic chocolate chip desserts that’re sure to please!
1. CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES (rumored Best in the World)
Ingredients
3c regular flour
1tsp baking soda
1c (2 sticks) butter, melted
¾ c brown sugar
½ c regular sugar
2 eggs
2-3 tsp vanilla extract (sometimes I play around and do half vanilla, half almond)
1c chocolate chips (I eyeball this so add more if you’d like!)

-Heat oven to 375⁰F. Mix sugars, butter, eggs, & vanilla in a large bowl. In another bowl, mix flour & baking soda.
-Stir dry mix into sugar mixture until combined. Add chocolate chips.
-Drop dough by rounded tbsp about 2-in apart on ungreased cookie sheets (I use an icecream scoop!) Bake 8-10 minutes or until slightly brown around the edges. How many cookies this recipe makes depends on how large you make them, but average is about 34. So if you’re baking for a smaller crowd, just cut the ingredient amounts in half!
2. COOKIE CAKE
For a cookie cake like the one I made for Record Store Day, simply add an extra egg to the recipe! Cover a large, round pizza pan (or square, that could be fun!) with foil and roll dough onto pan. I just kind of dump the dough in the center of the pan & knead it outward with my fingers, leaving a roughly 1” margin from the edge of the pan because the cookie will expand. For a superchewy cookie, bake for only 20min. If crunchy is your thing, leave in for 25min or longer, just don’t burn it!
3. BLONDE CHOCOLATE CHIP BROWNIES
Same thing as the cookie cake, just add an extra egg to the batter but this time, pour the dough into a greased 13x9” baking pan and bake 18-20min or until edges are slightly brown. 
Simple, right?! This recipe (and its variations) are a favorite among my family, friends and co-workers. I hope you enjoy them as much as we do, and if you try them out let me know what you think! Do you know of any incredible chocolate chip recipes that I’m dying to try?! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're so sweet (: Thanks friend!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...