A bit of awesome for your Thursday.
|1/Reserved light-pink crochet okapi necklace|
1. I am absolutely in LOVE with this crocheted necklace from okapiknits! It's the perfect spring accessory. Completely inspired to try something like this (do I dare? Haha). Her shop is a beautiful collection of eclectic knit and crochet work.
|2/Ladybird Likes giveaway via Dainty Squid|
2. This giveaway from Ladybird Likes via The Dainty Squid! The Ladybird Likes shop is full of handmade jewelry and brooches with a hint of vintage, and you can't beat the prices. I'm in love with the collection of vintage fashion lady brooches as well as the mini map bunting wrapped around a wooden spool. So creative! Find out how to enter the giveaway here, but hurry because it ends April 8th.
3. This recent post by Kaelah of Little Chief Honeybee. So motivational. I've been lacking in the encouragement department lately and her words really lifted my spirits. I highly recommend this blog in general; it's a great read and her design work is amazing!
4. A beautiful truth that I lose sight of all too often.
5. I'm totally nerdy for Merriam-Webster's Top 10 Lists...currently loving their list of Top 10 Words for Unusual Colors Worth Looking At. It's pretty interesting. My favorites are verdigris green and bisque, though smalt is pretty fun to say.
|6/Bookworm Dress /Veldt Dress|
6. Aaaaah! The Velvet Bird launched her spring line this week and I couldn't be more excited. These two dresses in particular are practically begging me to adopt them. We shall see! I'm pretty excited for Vanessa in general; it's been cool to watch her shop expand over the past few months. Hopefully it continues! I love her designs!
7. This post by Chelsea of Seablanket. I know I'm not the only one who saves magazine cutouts for inspiration, but now I have proof! I also found this post by Zoe of Ladybird Likes, detailing her creative process; the magazine trend continues! I love hearing about people's methods of growing their ideas. How do you gather inspiration for new projects?
8. Last but not least, this print. When I had long hair I wanted to do dreads before I chopped it off...but I was more in a hurry to chop it all off I guess. Regardless, I'm a huge fan of dreadlocks, and this picture is just plain cool.
Take a moment to do something for yourself today. I've got some work to do before I can enjoy this long weekend (the best friend comes into town tomorrow, AND it's his birthday, SO EXCITED!) buuuuut I plan on taking some time out to paint my nails (I need some color in my life!), take some photos, and recharge. Maybe have a lazy hour of working on the chevron throw, who knows?
What's inspiring you today?