June 28, 2012

Bits & Pieces.

Ummm…Thursday, how’d you get here so quickly?! Good. Night. Things have been so busy with work (I got a promotion!) and art journaling (updates coming soon! ish!) and the impending Top Secret Project (ok...it’s a not-so-secret bridal shower I’m co-throwing for my cousin on Saturday, whatever) that it's safe to day I’ve felt pretty distant from the online world. Err, the world in general. ANYWAY. I hope you’re having a great week and things are going swimmingly. If they’re not, I hope they’re on the up and up, yo. Here’re a few things I’m loving this week:
1. Kind of loving this handmade deer top from Supayana. That floral print + ruffle sleeves...yesiDO. Her clothing is so beautiful, and her kids' line is SO CUTE. If ever I were to have a child *shivers* I would definitely shop for my little one here.  
2. RUN TO YOUR NEAREST BARNES&NOBLE AND GRAB A COPY OF THE LAB MAGAZINE. That's it. Their website is under construction, but you can see excerpts of interviews they've done from issues past. Faves from the current issue: Autumn de Wilde & Charlie Fink interview King Charles, Adam Brody interviews Greta Gerwig, Noomi Rapace interviews Mads Mikkelsen, Wes Anderson interviews Willem Dafoe, Judy Greer is all over the place...I can't even. You're welcome. 
3. I got some West Coast love from my girl Cara this week; totally brightened my life! She's the sweetest. 


What I Hope You Did A Month Ago
Because I GUARANTEE This Will Happen Before Your Interview
4. Looking for a job? Find more hilarious/helpful graphics like these to prepare you for interviews and essentially, get hired. 


5. Brooklyn Tweed's latest lookbook, Wool People 3, is out and the patterns couldn't be more incredible! My favorite knits are the Corrina top and Breckon cardigan. PS it's 110degrees outside right now. PS I still don't know how to knit, but whatever! 


6. Did you know that Pixar employees have 'Kilt Fridays'? I wish my job had themed dress days...probably not kilts though...


7. Here are some songs that've been stuck in my head this week (except the album version of RAGC is a lot more fun, I think). Also, I'm really stuck on Grace Potter & the Nocturnals' newest album, The Lion The Beast The Beat (which I owe my knowledge of to Christine for tweeting about its awesomeness!). Music is so beautiful, and I swear I don't just jam depressing stuff all day (: Happy Thursday friendlies.

soundbites by jsimcity on Grooveshark

2 comments:

  1. Uh OH MAH GAH. I saw the picture of what I sent you and I was all, "that's pretty!" and then you said West Coast, and I still didn't get it. And then you said Cara, and I thought it was another Cara. And then FINALLY IT HIT ME!!!!!!!!! I'm a doof. And I love you seriously so much Jesca.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bahahaaaaa. Dear Cara, you're ridiculous/adorable. I can't even. Hahaaaaaa. But seriously, it was probably the brightest moment of my week, getting that package in the mail! Woohoooo snail maaaaail!

      Delete

You're so sweet (: Thanks friend!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...